What is KaarPux?¶
KaarPux is a Linux distribution, where everything is build (automatically) from source. See e.g. Building overview
KaarPux is aimed at developers who want to build and explore a Linux distribution, where they have complete control over the build process.
- Linux 3 kernel
- GNU build system and tools; gcc compiler
- X.Org X11 server
- GNOME 3 desktop environment
- Mozilla Firefox Web Browser and Thunderbird Mail
- Java OpenJDK
- Libre Office personal productivity suite
- And 600 other software packages
The bootstrap part of KaarPux is based on Linux From Scratch, but fully automated.
- KaarPux is not (yet) a multilib system, so
xen and skype
will not build on a