kx_virtual - Build KaarPux in a virtual machine¶
kx_virtual <configuration_file_name> <command>
kx_virtual is used to prepare for and build KaarPux in a virtual machine, based on the settings in <configuration_file_name>.
- Create a vm host image to hold swap space.
- Create a vm host image to hold downloaded files.
- Create a vm host image to hold the KaarPux target.
- Create ssh key used to log into the virtual machines.
- Create a build host image.
- Launch the virtual build host machine.
- Launch the virtual build host machine and download upstream packages. This includes formatting the downloads disk.
- Launch the virtual build host machine and download missing upstream packages. This does not include formatting the downloads disk.
- Launch the virtual build host machine, with downloads images attached.
- Launch the virtual build host machine and bootstrap the target.
- Launch the bootstrap version of KaarPux.
- Launch the target created above and build the rest of KaarPux
- Launch the KaarPux virtual machine (build with e.g. launch_build_final)
- Show information about Amazon EC2 for this user
The <configuration_file_name> file file can be created with the kx_configure command, and must already exist in the top kaarpux directory.
When running launch_XXX_ssh in your own KVM, the image launched will be the latest image used by the KVM. This image will be useful for debugging the previous build step.
However, if running launch_XXX_ssh on EC2, the image will be the the basic image, as EC2 machines are booted off a snapshot.